MCR is the 6th largest hotel owner-operator in the United States with a $2.0 billion portfolio of 94 premium-branded hotels with over 11,200 rooms across 24 states and 67 cities.
Established in 2006, the MCR Team has grown the firm's portfolio through a series of development projects and acquisitions.
MCR's primary focus is to drive value throughout its real estate portfolio, generate superior returns for its investors, and provide a professional, integrity-driven, merit-based working environment for its team members. MCR has consistently executed this business plan via:
- Opportunistic Acquisitions and Development
- Management Experience and High-Performance Team
- Industry Leading Relationships
Opportunistic Acquisitions and Development
MCR has acquired or developed approximately $1.3 billion of hotel real estate since its inception, focusing primarily on the Marriott and Hilton brands.
- Using strict underwriting criteria, MCR has established a robust acquisition platform that focuses on acquiring hotels with significant operational upside situated in strong corporate, government, education, medical, and/or military driven markets.
- MCR's experience (13 hotels, 1,600 keys) ranges from ground-up development of premium Marriott and Hilton select service hotel properties, to partial renovations and property expansions, to the complete adaptive re-use and historic restoration of a New York City landmark (The High Line Hotel, which has been featured in publications such as Vanity Fair, Vogue, and on Forbes.com).
Superior Management and High-Performance Team
MCR’s Executives and Co-Founders have decades of on-the-ground hospitality asset and property management experience at Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Hilton Worldwide, Marriott International, Highgate Hotels, Ernst & Young LLP, RFS Hotel Investors, and others. MCR’s operational expertise empowers the company to execute a “buy and fix” strategy that boasts significant top-line operational improvement (primarily through growth in RevPAR / RevPAR index) and increased flow-through to the bottom line.
Industry & Community Partnerships
MCR is committed to developing and supporting the community through various organizations and education partners.
- Partnership for New York City
- National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts (NAREIT)
- Association for a Better New York
- The Fisher Center for Real Estate and Urban Economics at University of California Berkeley
- The New York Building Congress
- Queens Chamber of Commerce
- American Hotel & Lodging Association (AH&LA)
- Courtyard by Marriott Franchise Advisory Council
- The Homewood Suites by Hilton Operations and Sales Committee
- The Wings Club
- Industry Real Estate Financing Advisory Council (IREFAC)
- Pension Real Estate Association (PREA)
- Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY)
- Cornell Hotel Society